T 604.822.6704 or 604.822.5851
6133 University Boulevard
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
To ensure a safe serving environment for you and your guests, we follow current BC Provincial Health Office Guidelines.
Please Note: We do our best to keep this page current, however the province updates their guidelines frequently. For the most up-to-date information please refer to the PHO webpage.
Current COVID Guidelines:
Masks will be required for indoor events and indoor recreational activities at the Nest for all people born in 2017or earlier (5+). The province has allowed exemptions for:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one.
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own.
- Children under the age of 5.
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person’s hearing impairment.
Guidelines for Planners/Event Organizers for COVID-19
Duty of Care by Venue
We have taken steps to mitigate the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests, visitors and staff during this challenging time. These precautions may change and dependent on current Federal, Provincial and Municipal orders.
Please follow the directives below for the safety of attendees, yourself and our staff:
Masks: Masks are required when inside the Nest building and when interacting with our staff. Planners to relay this mandatory mask policy to their attendees, individuals not wearing a mask may be asked to leave if they are not wearing a mask. The venue will not have masks available.
Hand washing / Sanitizing: Please ensure that all guest maintain healthy hands hygiene by frequently washing hands and/or using sanitizing station available throughout our building and bookable rooms.
Please do not visit us if you have the following:
- COVID-19 symptoms including Fever, Chills, Cough, Shortness of breath, Sore throat and painful swallowing, Stuffy or runny nose, Loss of sense of smell, Headache, Muscle aches, Fatigue, or Loss of appetite
- A sick family member or around someone who is sick
- Not completed the 14-day self-isolation after travelling outside of Canada
- Have been advised by a public health authority to self-isolate
Venue’s Responsibilities: Duty of Care
Staff: All staff will wear face masks. They will also try to maintain social distancing during service.
Sanitizer: All meeting rooms have sanitizer station available for attendees and staff use
High touch surfaces: Door handles, light switch, built in AV control screens, tables, bar tops, stools and chairs will be sanitized before and after event.
Common Areas: In addition to asking everyone to continue their hand hygiene and physical distancing practices, the AMS is taking a number of steps to minimize the risk of transmission.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning
- Signage are placed throughout the building reminding people of these policies
- CITR announcing reminder to maintain mask policy throughout the building
Food and Beverage Service:
- Individually Packed: For safe service during meal times, all food, beverage, utensils, and condiments will be packaged individually and laid out for self-serve.
- Buffet service: Buffets are allowed now and will be self-serve. Attendees will need to sanitize their hands before using the serving spoons at the start of the line
- Bar service: Alcohol service is now available
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed in the food outlets and AMS Reception
- Food service workers will be required to wear masks and gloves for the duration of their shifts
- High touch point surfaces within outlets will be sanitized once an hour
- Sanitizing all food work areas on the hour
- In the restaurants and public areas, tables are sanitized frequently
Please note: This is an evolving document and these precautions may change as necessary based on directives from the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal health authorities.
Contact Information: Monikakodnani@ams.ubc.ca or 778 858 4037